Tuesday 13 November 2012

Gossip Girl; Monstrous Ball Review

Summary:After Eleanor gives Blair an ultimatum, Blair is even more determined to remedy Waldorf Designs' problems by making a splash with a dress at the upcoming Cotillion, but a shocking revelation at the ball affects everyone. Serena becomes worried about Steven's attitude toward her, but after some investigating she discovers the surprising reason why. Chuck finds an unlikely ally as he tries to drive a wedge between Bart and Lily's relationship to help expose his father's secret. Meanwhile, Dan publishes another article, but the effect is just the opposite of what he was hoping for.
Source: The CW

Monstrous indeed was that ball. It changed everything. Absolutely everything. This episode was full of scandal, just how I like it :)
I was somewhat shocked to find Chuck Bass and Ivy Dickens working together, though, I must admit that they did work well together! So long as Ivy doesn't end up taking Blair Waldorf's place in Chuck's heart its all good as far as I'm concerned.

Sage seems to be clever, and perhaps even better at scheming than Blair. Though Blair's scheming never really hurt anyone permanently whereas Sage's scheming seems to be of the more negative and dark kind. The Serena/Dan Humphery sex tape scandal thingy was particularly well thought out on Sage's part though, I do have to 'pat her on the back' as so to speak for that! The reactions to this scandal were extremely explosive, the fact that the Upper East Siders react so bluntly to things like this is great! 

Personally I'm rather glad that Serena vd. Woodsen is not getting engaged to Steven. I mean, how simply boring would that be? 

Lily Bass is so faithful to Bart Bass. I don't know if I'm biased, but Bart seems to me to be awful. Chuck at least thinks about other people!

My one thought from this episode; Is there anyone who hasn't slept with every Upper East Sider?

Until next time,
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment